Previous Videos in this Series:
- Watch Video 1 if you haven’t already. Checking Not-for-Profit Name Availability with Missouri Secretary of State.
- Watch Video 2a if you haven’t already. How to Create an Account on MO Secretary of State to Register Your Not-For-Profit’s Name.
- Watch Video 2b if you haven’t already. Registering your Non-Profit with Missouri Secretary of State.
- Watch Video 3 if you haven’t already. Info on Creating By-Laws for your Missouri Not-For-Profit
- Watch Video 4 if you haven’t already. Apply for a Federal ID Number (EIN) for a Missouri Nonprofit
This video explains who is eligible to file form 1023-EZ with a Non-Profit.
You should have already applied for your Federal ID Number (EIN) with the IRS.
Watch the video below to learn how, or follow the step by step instructions beneath the video.
- Go to IRS.gov
- Click on Charity
- Click Apply for tax exempt status
- In Search box type 1023EZ
- Click on Instructions for 1023 EZ — scroll to page 13
- You can print these sheets of questions off and answer each of them.
- IF you answer NO to all of the questions, you are eligible to file the 1023EZ
- Filing a 1023-EZ will allow you to obtain your 501c3 much quicker.
As always, If you need any assistance with the process, do not hesitate to contact us!
We are here at T Benus Associates LLC is here to assist you in reaching your goal.