Watch Video 1 if you haven’t already. Checking Not-for-Profit Name Availability with Missouri Secretary of State.
This video walks you through the process of Creating an Account for your Non-Profit on the Sec of State’s website: https://www.sos.mo.gov/
Remember I am setting up a dummy Nonprofit. I will not actually submit this. I simply want you to become familiar with the website and how it works.
- You will need to set up an account: a log in name and password
- Click on Business Services
- File a Registration report
- You need to set up a new account
- Click “log in”
- If this is your 1 st time, you must create account
- Once this is completed, we click on create a new company
- Click on Create Nonprofit Domestic
- The website will walk you through the questions you need to answer
- If you like to fill out the forms before filing it online, watch Video 2a
- Video 2a will walk you through how to print the blank form
- Otherwise, follow the form and answer all the questions
- A few things to think about: are you gong to be perpetual? Probably
- Will you have members? Maybe/Maybe Not
- What is your purpose? Why are you setting up this non-profit?
- Who do you want to be your registered agent?
- It can be you, your attorney, your CPA.
- This is a service T. Benus Associates offers. Contact Us about it.
- Who will be your authorized signature – usually it is you.
- You must click the 2 boxes saying you agree to terms
- You have a change to review what you have typed
- Once you are ready, hit submit
- You can pay for this online with your credit card OR print and mail it in
- If you pick snail mail, the fee is larger
NEXT: After you watch the below video, move on to Video 2b: Registering your Non-Profit with MO Secretary of State