T. Benus Associates is a CPA firm in Missouri that focuses on working with and assisting Non-Profits.
In this 1st video I want to talk to you about that idea you have had in the back of your mind:
“I want to start a nonprofit, but I don’t know how or where to begin!”
This is what I explain in the video:
- The first step is to come up with a name for your Not-for-Profit.
- Next you need to make sure the name is available.
- In Missouri we need to go to MO Sec of State website www.sos.mo.gov
- Click on business services.
- Click on “Search for a business.”
- Type in the name you want to search for. This will let you know if your name is avaiable in Missouri.
- If there are no results, you can probably use this name!
- Final Step: do a Google search for the name you want to use.
This name could be used by an organization in another State.
Reasons why we search Not-for-Profit Names:
- You can be sued for using someone else’s name.
- We want your nonprofit to stand out and be recognized for your mission.
We will discuss how to register with Mo Sec of State in the next video.
If you need any assistance with the process, do not hesitate to contact us.
T. Benus Associates is here to assist you in reaching your goals!
After you watch the below video, move on to Video 2a: How to Create an Account on MO Secretary of State to Register Your Not-For-Profit’s Name (Video 2a)