Previous Videos in this Series:
- Watch Video 1 if you haven’t already. Checking Not-for-Profit Name Availability with Missouri Secretary of State.
- Watch Video 2a if you haven’t already. How to Create an Account on MO Secretary of State to Register Your Not-For-Profit’s Name.
This video walks you through the process of Registering your Non-Profit with MO Secretary of State on the SOS’s website: https://www.sos.mo.gov/
- Go to fees and forms
- Scroll down to Article of Incorporation
- You can print this form off and hand fill in the information before you go online to actually file
- Fill in Nonprofit name that you have verified you can have
- Typically, you will want to be perpetual
- Registered Agent – this can be you; Need to make sure you keep this address current so you don’t miss important mailings. This is a service T Benus Associates provides
- Your incorporators – the state wants 3 names. Usually
- Members – yes or no
- Assets – what will happen down the road and you decide to close the nonprofit; you need to state where these will do. These assets – even it it’s just a bank account. This is not your money – you need to donate this to another 501c3 OR make sure you spend down for your purpose
- When do you want this to be effective?
NEXT: After you watch the below video, move on to Video 3: Info on Creating By-Laws for your Missouri Not-For-Profit.